On Wed. Feb. 6 2019 Pastor Louise and husband Larry launched a Small Group sponsored by the Church of the Highlands. The title of the small group is “Faith and how to use it.” We will periodically share handouts and readings on this blog.
Wednesday Feb. 6, 2019. Subject: “Faith and how to use it”
- Healing, Exodus 15:26; Psalms 103:3; 147:3
- Healed, Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16, 12:15; Luke 9:11; Acts 8:7, 14:9; James 5:16; 1 Pewter 2:24
- Health, 3 John 1:2
- Prosper, Psalms 1:3; Joshua 1:7; Isaiah 55:11; 2 Kings 18:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2
- Prosperous, Psalms 37:7; Proverbs 17:8; Psalms 35:27
- Protection, Deuteronomy 32:28; Isaiah 54:17; Psalms 91: 3,6
- Strength, Psalms 19:14, 27:1, 28:7,8; 37:39, 46:1; Romans 5:6; 1 Peter 5:10; Philippians 4:13
- Favor, Psalms 35:27, 89:17, 106:4, 119:58; Proverbs 3:4, 8:35, 12:2
- Fear, Psalms 27:1, 46:2, 118:6; Isaiah 43:5, 44:8; Matthew 10:31; 2 Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 13:6, 1 John 4:18.
Wed. Feb. 13 2019, Small Group on “Faith and how to use it”
Scriptures where Jesus addresses faith.
- Matthew 6:30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
- Mathew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!
- Mathew 9:2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”
- Mathew 9:22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.
- Mathew 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”
- Matthew 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
- Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
- Matthew 16:8 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you [a]have brought no bread?
- Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your [a]unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
- Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
- Mark 5:34 And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.
- Luke 5:20 When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you
- Luke 7:9 When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!
- Luke 7:50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.
- Luke 8:48 And He said to her, “Daughter, [a]be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace
- Luke 17:5 And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!
- Luke 17:19 And he said to him, “Get up and[a] go your way. Your faith has saved you
- Acts 3:16 And on the basis of faith in his name, his name has made this man strong, whom you see and know, and the faith that is through him has given him this perfect health in the presence of you all
- Acts 14:9 This man heard Paul speaking.Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed,
- Acts 26:18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a share among those who are sanctified by faith in me
Louise Clayton, 205 310-9733 or email@example.com